Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Thursday, November 1, 2007

[WI] Officer Lee's wife, Chao: "He Tried to Kill Me"

...she feared [Wausau police officer] Chueng Lee as he drove at high speeds down the rural road... he touched her in a sexual manner before the crash. "I thought, where did my husband of 20 years go?... I feel this person is a rapist. I started to cry because it hurt. Then I saw the bridge, and I started to pray"...

...He also faces a number
of charges in Marathon County including kidnapping, sexual assault, and false imprisonment. Prosecutors say he sexually assaulted his estranged wife a day before he tried to kill her...



Wife Testifies Against Police Officer on Attempted Murder Charge
WBAY, WI -
By Chris Duffy
Oct 30, 2007
A Shawano County judge ruled Tuesday that Wausau police officer Chueng Lee will stand trial for attempted murder. Police say the 45-year-old intentionally crashed his pickup truck into a wall along a bridge while his wife was in the passenger seat. His wife survived with a number of injuries. For the first time since she was injured, Chao Lee spoke publicly, testifying against her husband. Her scars -- both physical and emotional -- are still obvious. She was wheeled into the courtroom with casts on her right arm and leg. In the 90 minutes she spent on the stand before a packed courtroom of family and friends, not once did she meet eyes with her husband of 21 years, the man accused of trying to kill her. They've been separated since March but she says on September 18th her husband unexpectedly showed up at her work and went home with her. When they got there, she says, he started acting strangely. "He said that I shouldn't get in the house, we should just get into his car and go out... I felt I had no choice because I didn't want to die in the house where my children would see me... The truck was going as fast as it could and so when I saw that it was going to hit the bridge, that's when I closed my eyes to pray to God, thinking that I was going to die this time"... He also faces a number of charges in Marathon County including kidnapping, sexual assault, and false imprisonment. Prosecutors say he sexually assaulted his estranged wife a day before he tried to kill her...

Trial ordered for Wausau officer accused of trying to kill his wife
Green Bay Press Gazette,
By Jeff Starck
October 31, 2007
...More than 40 people from both sides of the family were in Shawano to observe the proceeding. Chao Lee testified for nearly 90 minutes from a wheelchair. She told the judge through an interpreter that she feared Chueng Lee as he drove at high speeds down the rural road and that he touched her in a sexual manner before the crash. "I thought, where did my husband of 20 years go?" Chao Lee said. "I feel this person is a rapist. I started to cry because it hurt. Then I saw the bridge, and I started to pray"... Divorce proceedings began in March, but have not been completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.